Telefonica is a multinational broadband and telecommunications provider with operations in Europe, Asia, and North, Central and South America.
Operating globally, it is one of the largest telephone operators and mobile network providers in the world.
The company is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index and started as a public telecommunications company.
Its head office is in the Distrito Telefónica in Madrid. As well as the Telefónica brand, it also trades as O2, Vivo and Movistar.
- Telefonica set out to align their leaders and organisational culture with its key strategic initiatives: To lead the digital future, to turn
- customers into fans to create a great place to work.
- In order to do this, Telefonica partnered with Oxford Leadership with the objective to:
- Improve leaders’ ability to influence change from the inside out
- Manage complexity, ambiguity and to lead others through turbulent times
- Build a sense of community, trust, belonging and openness across all regions of the company
- Discover a deeper sense of purpose and meaning in their work as leaders
- Building on the core methodologies in Oxford Leadership proprietary learning tools: Self Managing Leadership®, Leading High Performing Teams™ and Strategic Focusing®, we designed a customized executive development program in partnership with Telefonica’s Corporate university.
- The solution was tailored to meet specific client objectives with the ability to deliver the programs on a large global scale.
- The solution included a specific internal facilitators certification training for Telefonica managers to support the delivery of the programs and to effectively cascade it throughout the organisation.
More than 5,000 Telefónica leaders from 18 different countries (including Germany, Czech Republic, Ireland, Slovakia, UK, Spain and USA) have completed the Leading Self programmes.
Over 800 Telefónica senior leaders have attended the Leading High Performing Teams and Strategic Focusing programmes.
The CEO of Telefonica and O2 Germany Rene Schuster said: “I don’t know how you can be an effective leader within Telefónica if you did not go through this programme or buy into its philosophy.”